Wednesday 19 January 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal Auctions

I've found it difficult over the last week to post on this blog, because with the devastating floods I felt that anything I was to say that wasn't about the floods would be self-indulgent and flippant.

But now, I have found new momentum because Toni over at Make it Perfect has organised a brilliant auction site, enabling people to bid on crafty items - quilts, artwork, jewellery and such - with the final bids being donated to the Queensland Flood Appeal. Already, the current bids add up to $45000, and the auctions don't close until Monday 24th January! I am bidding on a gorgeous item, and keep checking to see that I haven't been outbid - I sooo want to have the highest bid! People have been extremely generous with their bids over all the auctions; I've seen people offer up to $400 on one item!!

As I am pretty much hanging out at Make it Perfect all the time now, I thought it might be worthwhile offering some of my own pieces of art for auction. The first one is my Tweedledee and Tweedledum mug.


I drew the picture, coloured it in photoshop and had it printed on a mug. It is pretty cute!

As part of the same auction, I am also including a framed photo of the carousel picture I took at the Perth Royal Show that is on my blog header. It is vibrant and colourful and would liven up a corner in your home!


Here's all the info about how this auction works:
1. Bidding will start at $20 (Australian).

2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.

3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.

4. This auction is open to everyone and postage will be FREE to the highest bidder.

5. The auction begins NOW and will END at 9am on Monday 24th January 2011.

6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post the mug and framed photo to you.

7. Thank you for participating and happy bidding!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the photo and the mug is so cute. I'll open the bidding at $20! - you got my details, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how cute that mug is! $25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This auction is now closed. I will contact the bidders by email. Thanks for bidding!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx